IT Services is pleased to announce that Microsoft Teams is now fully available to all Selkirk College employees and departments starting September 1, 2023.
Microsoft Teams brings a collaborative and cohesive approach to chat, video conference and file storage capabilities.
In order to access the Microsoft Teams app, please see the instructions below. Alternatively, Microsoft Teams can be accessed at teams.microsoft.com.
If you are not currently a part of a team, please reach out to your supervisor, chair or dean.
Accessing Microsoft Teams
There are two methods to access Microsoft Teams. The first is preferred.
Use the Microsoft Teams app via your work computer/mobile device (Microsoft Teams should be pre-installed)
- In Windows, click Start and type in Microsoft Teams
- Launch Teams by clicking on it.
Install Microsoft Teams App (if not pre-installed) via Company Portal
- In Windows, click Start and type in Company Portal.
- Launch Company Portal by clicking on it.
- Search for apps by using the search bar at the top left and type in Microsoft teams.
- Select MS Teams (64bit) and it will open a window showing a description of the application.
- Click on Install.
- In Wndows, click Start and type in Microsoft Teams.
- Launch Microsoft Teams by clicking on it.
Use Microsoft Teams through a web browser (not recommended due to limited functionality)
- Open Microsoft Edge browser (preferred) or Google Chrome.
- Browse to find teams.microsoft.com.
- Sign in with your Selkirk College email and password.
Please note that Microsoft Teams users cannot create new Teams spaces. Further information will be made available on requesting new Teams spaces at the end of August 2023 in advance of Fall 2023 semester start.
For more info about the integration of Microsoft Teams within Selkirk College's digitial infrastructure, please visit my.selkirk.ca/staff/our/news/pilot-project-underway-for-improved-tech-resources.php.