Important Milestone Reached, Staff Patience Required
The Selkirk College Finance Department has arrived to the testing phase of Project Aurora and the next few months will be busy. As the upgrade of support systems and processes continues, all staff are reminded that patience is required to ensure team members are able to work towards the end goal.
The following is a message from Director of Finance Barb Ihlen:
The Finance Department is excited to share that our progress within Project Aurora has reached the testing phase. This phase is a critical step wherein our processes and requirements are tested within system to ensure we are achieving expected results from what we've built thus far in areas like purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and reporting. Testing commences this week (August 20), and will run through to mid-December. This will be a long and detailed process wherein several key staff lend their expertise to the project in order to ensure the system is working effectively.
While we have ramped up our hiring and training of staff to backfill our primary positions (i.e. purchasing, accounts payable, cashier, accounting coordinator), processing day-to-day requests will take longer. Specifically, we anticipate delays in processing payments and purchasing requests.
- Silver King cashier: Kennedy Ferrier will be covered by Rachel Nissenbaum (email@example.com).
- Accounts Receivable: Selena LePage will be covered by Bree-Ana Blazicevic, Kristy Gienger, Arin Calder or Jasmin Simonetta (firstname.lastname@example.org). We ask for patience with invoicing as there may be delays.
- Employee Payables: Gina Fitzpatrick will be covered by Bree-Ana Blazicevic, Arin Calder or Jasmin Simonetta (email@example.com). We ask that employees provide their EFT information, if they haven't already, to speed up the payment process.
- Purchasing: Due to the challenges in successfully backfilling this position, Jocelyn Templeman will have limited backfill as provided by Lisa Maloff or Bree-Ana Blazicevic (firstname.lastname@example.org). Advance notice for any competitive bids is critical, as these can only be completed by Jocelyn. Jocelyn will continue to support her Purchasing Department role as best she is able, however there will be delays with requests for proposals, offers, and solicitations posted on BC Bid.
- Accounting: Tarunjit Jassar will have partial coverage (email@example.com). There will be delays in responding to journal entry requests. Your patience is appreciated.
Customer service is important to us, and we all take pride in the work we do. Your patience with our department and diligent staff who are working hard on both operational and project duties is appreciated.
Thank you for your understanding.