Operational Updates


Spotlight on Selkirk College Advancement

Helping Remove Barriers to Access and Strengthen Future


Structural changes have been implemented in the Communications & Advancement Department (formally the Marketing Department) to support students through helping to remove barriers to access and assist the college in continuing to build a sustainable future.

Reporting to the Vice President of Students & Advancement/Registrar, department manager Maggie Keczan provides operational leadership for the Communications & Advancement team. This team includes advancement, communications, marketing, student recruitment, visual identity and web development functions at the college.

SROAM Advancement

The recent scholarship event for Ski Resort Operations & Management Program students at Nelson’s Tenth Street Campus is an example of the work being done by the Communications & Advancement team.

As part of these changes, the former Donor Services Coordinator role has been reconfigured to enable adoption of an updated fundraising model and position objectives. Hired into the new role of Advancement Coordinator, Stephanie Gobin will focus her attention on increasing student awards, engaging alumni, strengthening bonds with our donor community and developing fundraising campaigns for future capital projects. Stephanie has been hired at 80 per cent to undertake this role. The remaining 20 per cent of this position, which focus on financial and system support duties, have been assigned to Natasha Makortoff.

The strength of Selkirk College’s first 50 years is providing learner-centred accessible post-secondary education that prepares students for work, further education, service, and lifelong learning. As the college embarks on its second half century, the role of advancement will seek have an increasingly positive impact on achieving our vision and strategic directions.


If you have any questions about the Selkirk College Communications & Advancement Department, please contact manager Maggie Keczan at mkeczan@selkirk.ca or ext: 11398.