Student and Employee Safety a Priority
Selkirk College is continuing our efforts to create a safe environment for all employees and students who come to our institution. In doing so we have recently installed used syringe depository boxes in some of our washrooms.
People use syringes for many reasons including treatment of medical conditions such as diabetes, arthritis and cancer. Others may use syringes because of an addiction or to administer Naloxone. Studies show that people will dispose of needles safely if they have access to safe disposal sites. We are providing these sites to ensure that no one gets accidentally hurt.
Selkirk College has installed Sharps Needle Disposal Boxes at the following locations:
- A-wing men's washroom
- Cafeteria washroom
- Men's and women's Main Washrooms
- Men's and women's Sentinel Washrooms
- Men's and women's Lower Gym Washrooms
Tenth Street (2)
- Mary Hall Wheelchair Access Washroom
- Patenaude lower level washroom
Silver King (2)
- Men's and women's Main Level Washrooms
- Main Washrooms
- Building exterior (location to be confirmed)