Election Process Begins in May
Looking for an opportunity to be involved in educational governance? Becoming a member of Education Council can provide this avenue.
Education Council is comprised of:
- 4 Students elected from the student body in September each year
- 10 Faculty members; 5 elected from each of the BCGEU & SCFA employee groups and on a bi-annual basis
- 2 PPWC members elected in the late fall and on a bi-annual basis
- 1 Exempt staff member elected annually
- 4 Educational Administrators appointed by the President
The time requirement to prepare for and attend Education Council and related meetings can range from about two to four hours a month over a seven to eight month period. More information is available about our Education Council online.
The 2015 election procedure for SCFA, BCGEU and Exempt staff members has been set to commence on May 11, 2015. The election process will be conducted online.
We will be developing up-to-date listserves to contact you directly with the following information:
- Voting instructions
- Nomination Form
- Candidate Statements
Through your listserve Natasha Makortoff will email reminders for when nominations are due as well as when elections start and end.
- Nomination Period: Monday, May 11, 2015 8:00 am – Monday, May 18, 2015 4:00 pm
- Campaign Period: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 8:00 am – Friday, May 22, 2015 4:00 pm
- Election Period: Monday, May 25, 2015 8:00 am – Friday, May 29, 2015 4:00 pm
- Nominees Notified: Monday, June 1, 2015
- Results Announced: Wednesday, June 3, 2015
Thank you for your participation in this important process!