Two New Additions and a Complete List
As we head into the fall semester and 2022-2023 academic year, it is helpful to highlight that there have been a couple of new additions to the Deans & Chairs group.
The new chair for the School of the Arts is Melody Diachun and the new chair for the School of Academic Upgrading & Development is Marissa Carrasco. Thanks to outgoing chairs Kate Tait and Kate Nott for their tremendous leadership in those two roles. Kate Tait is starting this semester as the new department head for Student Access & Support.
A veteran instructor in the Contemporary Music & Technology Program, Melody Diachun is moving into the role of Chair for the School of the Arts.
Here is an updated list of Deans & Chairs at Selkirk College:
- Dean, School of Health & Human Services: Taya Whitehead
- Dean, School of Academic Upgrading & Development, School of University of Arts & Sciences, Mir Centre for Peace: Allison Alder
- Dean, Community Education & Workplace Training, School of Business, School of Environment & Geomatics: Tiffany Snauwaert
- Dean, School of Industry & Trades Training, School of Hospitality & Tourism, School of the Arts: Tracy Punchard
- Director, Applied Research & Innovation: Terri MacDonald
- Chair, School of Health & Human Services: Tammie Clarke
- Chair, School of University Arts & Sciences: Duff Sutherland
- Chair, School of the Arts: Melody Diachun
- Chair, Selkirk International: Paul Spence
- Chair, School of Industry & Trades Training: Rob Schwarzer
- Chair, School of Environment & Geomatics: Rena Vandenbos
- Chair, School of Academic Upgrading & Development: Marissa Carrasco
- Chair, School of Hospitality & Tourism: Martin Keyserlingk
- Chair, School of Business: Gordon Rein
- Chair, Mir Centre for Peace: Jennie Barron
- Department Head, Student Access & Support: Kait Tait
Thanks to the entire Education Division for helping guide Selkirk College now and into the future!