Getting to Know the Rookies
The traditional August welcome to Selkirk College was the focus on August 28 when the New Employee Orientation took over the Castlegar Campus.
Aimed at individuals added to the team in the last 12 months, a total of 33 employees took in the day that included a morning of information from the Human Resources Department. After the HR session, the employees and their managers headed over to a trade show in The Pit that featured many of the Selkirk College services, departments, organizations and committees.
Some of the new employees who took part in the orientation posed for a photo on the lawn in front of the Castlegar Campus.
After the wave of information was complete, the group headed to the cafeteria for the Welcome Back BBQ that invited all staff to mix with their new colleagues.
The employees new to Selkirk College in the last 12 months and the positions they were hired into include:
- Alyssa Franklin, Nursing Instructor
- Andrew Galt, Technical Analyst
- Ana Holte, Campus Facilities Support
- Arin Calder, Finance Clerk On-Call
- Brett Bouchard, Business Instructor (Management)
- Bree-Ana Blazievic, Accounting Clerk
- Cathy Saprikin, Assistant Accounting Services Manager
- Celina Duarte, Faculty Assistant for Cooperative Education & Employment Services
- Cibylla Rakestraw, Business Instructor (Management)
- Eliza Green, HR Coordinator
- Gareth Collingwood-Wynne, TESOL/ELP Instructor
- Emily Moorhead, EA for Vice Presidents of College Services and Students & Advancement
- Helen Peel, Psychology Instructor
- Irina Mourtisen, TESOL Instructor
- Janna Sylvest, Business Instructor (Management)
- Jasmin Simonetta, Finance/Purchasing/Duplicating/Mailroom Clerk
- Jennifer Lashek, EA for Vice President of Education
- Jocelyn Schroeder, Nursing Instructor
- Karlie Shaughnessy, English Instructor
- Kevan Woodcock, Developer
- Kirsten Gear, English Language Instructor
- Lisa Thiessen, EACSW Instructor
- Mark Farnum, Technical Analyst
- Melanie Leeming, Hospitality Instructor
- Neil Martin, Lead Educational Designer
- Nur Hussain, Economics Instructor
- Michelle Pierce, ECCE Instructor
- Pauline De Grandpre, Campus Manager
- Rachel Adair, CE Coordinator Nakusp/Kaslo
- Sahana Madhyastha, Counsellor/Psychology Instructor
- Stephanie Gobin, Advancement Coordinator
- Tammy Profili, Academic Upgrading and Development Instructor
- Trina Sutherland, HR Advisor
If you have not had a chance to welcome these new team members, take a little time to get to know them better over the next few months.