Put your donations into the selkirk pennies jars
Human trafficking is a global crisis targeting vulnerable citizens. The Selkirik Pennies campaign for ABC Nepal, a non-profit human rights organisation with a special focus on ending the trafficking of women and children, has set up collection jars around the campuses. Every year around 10,000 Nepalese girls, between the ages of 9 and 16, are sold to brothels in India. Funds raised will help ABC Nepal work towards their goals.
ABC Nepal has been working to prevent the trafficking of women and children and to create a society free from violence and exploitation since 1987.
Mission: To eliminate all forms of violence and discrimination against women and raise overall status of women.
Vision: to create a society free from exploitation.
Goal: to end violence against women and to empower women socially, economically, and politically.
- prevent trafficking in humans, especially women and girl children;
- build the collective strengths and negotiation skills of client communities and NGOs on health, nutrition, water and sanitation, livelihood, child rights, education and gender;
- protect the rights of the survivors to justice;
- facilitate economic empowerment of the survivors and marginalized people through viable income generating / livelihood improvement programs;
- lobby the government to formulate laws in accordance with international laws and convention;
- promote and protect the rights of women, children, dalit and marginalized people.
Every year around 10,000 Nepalese girls, most between the age of 9 and 16, are sold to brothels in India. Put your donation into the Selkirk Pennies collection jars located at all campuses.