Big Group Joins the Selkirk College Team
The traditional August welcome to Selkirk College took place on August 28 at the Castlegar Campus when the New Employee Orientation was the focus of the day.
Aimed at individuals added to the team in the last 12 months, a total of 27 employees took in the day that included a morning of information from the Human Resources Department. After the HR session, the employees and their managers headed over to a trade show in The Pit that featured many of the Selkirk College services, departments, organizations and committees.
The new team members gathered for a group shot before lunch was served at the Castlegar Campus.
After the cascade of information was complete, the rookies headed over to the cafeteria for the Welcome Back BBQ that invited all staff to mix with their new colleagues.
The employees new to Selkirk College in the last 12 months and the positions they were hired into include:
- Ann-Marie Smith, Cultural Assistant
- Colin Dyck, Instructor (UAS, Computer Science)
- Cory Gigliotti, Toolroom Attendant relief
- Crystal Shullman, Relief for Bookstore; Financial Aid; Finance, Purchasing/Duplicating/Mailroom
- Dana Spoklie, Payroll
- Deanne Steven, Instructor (Business)
- Elena Serendynska, Instructor (International, English Language)
- Glen Stanley Turner, Instructor (Business, Accounting)
- Helen Worth, CE Coordinator in Grand Forks
- Jennifer Weldon, Librarian
- Jonathan Langille, Ancillary Services Manager
- Brian Webb, Instructor (Digital Arts & New Media)
- Kerri Webb, Instructor (UAS, Math & Physics)
- Lareena Rilkoff, Accounting Services Manager
- Michelle Colley, Instructor (ABE/Trades)
- Laura Nessman, Sustainability Coordinator/Liaison
- Marita Dautel, Accounts Payable Processor
- Matt Martin, Sports Attendant on-call and Educational Recruitment Coordinator
- Michael Goodall, Instructor (Business, Management)
- Naomi Havard, Instructor (Business, Management)
- Rachel Nissenbaum, Switchboard Receptionist/Finance/Campus Facilities
- Robin Gilbertson, Campus Facilities and Switchboard Receptionist
- Scott Humphries, Bookstore Coordinator
- Marie Josee Leonard, International Student Recruiter Cultural Advisor
- Todd Kettner, Instructor (UAS)
- Tarunjit Jassar, Accounting Technician
- Kushali Mashruwala, HR Support on-call
If you have not had a chance to welcome these new team members, take a little time to get to know them better over the next few months.