Santa's Helpers Ensure Annual Party a Success
On Saturday, December 6th more than 40 Selkirk College employees and their families enjoyed an afternoon of festive snacks, face-painting, crafts, live flute music, and that ever-exciting magical gift-giving visit from a very warm and jolly Santa and his elves.
Many thanks go to those who made the event happen so smoothly:
- John and Sarah Chernenkoff for storage removal and general elf duties.
- Paula Reitan, Linda Reitan, and Delaney Harwood for being Santa’s helpers.
- Nancy Kalawsky for arranging Santa's ride in the fire truck.
- Sam Lattanzio, Deputy Fire Chief of the Castlegar Volunteer Firefighters, for bringing Santa in on the fire truck.
- Selkirk catering for the great looking and tasty food, gingerbread cookies and refreshments.
- Dan Markin and daughter for the donation of fresh green apple and cream soda cotton-candy made on site.
- Frank and Marlane King for goodie bag creations, set-up and clean-up.
- The Flute Quartet from the Trail Maple Leaf Band for the live magical melodies.
- Maintenance for setting up the tree and tables.
- Rod Fayant for the soft gym mats.
- Leanne Reitan for gift storage.
- Holly Shively and Melanie Perepolkin for the Pit booking, tree set-up and round tables.
- Selkirk Students' Association for receiving the food donations.
- PPWC, SCFA and HR for their generous financial contributions.
- Mike Harwood… Santa Claus, our secret magic man in red!
Please remember that the annual Children’s party will always be on the first Saturday of December. Thanks to all who came to share an afternoon of warm family fun at the College.