Great Opportunities for Fun and Fitness
One of the amazing services for staff and students is the Selkirk College Recreation Department. In both Castlegar and Nelson there is ongoing and special events booked through the next two semesters. If you are regular or yet to jump right in, make sure you check out what is being offered right now.
In Nelson make sure you check these classes out:
- Yoga classes: Tuesday/Thursday 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- Hoop Dance classes: Mondays (start Sept. 22) 4 to 5 p.m. (no drop-ins)
- Bellyfit for women (starts Sept. 15): Monday/Wednesday 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Capoeira: Tuesday 7 to 8:30 p.m.
- Zumba classes: (starts Sept. 24) Wednesdays 4 to 5 p.m.
Nelson also offers these awesome drop-in sports:
- Soccer Mondays 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Basketball Tuesdays 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Volleyball Wednesdays (starts in October) 6 to 7:30 p.m. (outdoor volleyball in September 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.)
- Thursdays - check the monthly schedule... it changes
- Floor hockey Fridays 5 to 7 p.m.
Of course Castlegar offers a whole host of programming too. You can find out the details here.
Another great source for recreation and all other Selkirk College related events is the events calendar at selkirk.ca.