Big Time Help Makes Event a Success
More than 30 children of Selkirk College employees and their families enjoyed an afternoon of festive snacks, arts and crafts, live music and singing, as well as that ever-exciting magical gift-giving visit from Santa and his elves this past Saturday in the seasonally decorated Pit of the Castlegar Campus.
The cotton candy table was courtesy of Dan and Monica Markin. It was a hit!
Many thanks go to those who made the event happen so smoothly for yet another year:
- Doug Henderson -- Our secret magic man in red.
- Nancy Kalawsky -- For arranging Santa's ride in the fire truck.
- The Castlegar Volunteer Firefighters -- For bringing Santa in on the fire truck.
- Selkirk Saints Hockey team -- Our team of very helpful, joyful elves.
- Selkirk catering -- For the great looking and tasty food and refreshments.
- Dan and Monica Markin– For the awesomely delicious apple and grape cotton candy!
- Frank and Marlane King -- For goody-bag creations, arts and craft presentation and management.
- David Feldman and friends -- For the live magical melodies in the background.
- Rod Fayant -- For the soft gym mats.
- Philomena Archambault -- For donating her office to store the gifts.
- Leanne Reitan -- For masterful storage of gifts and crafts and re-packing techniques and general clean-up help with the clean-up.
- Darlene Kalawsky -- For clean-up help after the party.
- Selkirk Students' Association -- For receiving the food donations.
- PPWC, SCFA, and HR -- for their generous financial contributions!
And thanks to all 65 of you who came to share an afternoon of family fun at the college -- Happy holidays from Head Elf Linda Harwood!