It's college pension plan retirement seminar time
At this event, you will explore many topics, including:
- understanding your Member’s Benefit Statement
- choosing the best pension option for you
- what to consider when determining your retirement income
- how to use the tools and resources on the Plan website
- Nelson Silver King Campus - Evening Seminar
- Monday, May 6th
- Room: 119 Main Floor Computer Lab
- 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Castlegar Campus - Day Seminar
- Tuesday, May 7th
- Room: Bonnington Computer Lab B-12
- 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Pre-registration is required. Please bring your Plan Member Statement with you. If you cannot locate your plan member statement please contact the College Pension Plan at 1.888.440.0111 and request a copy be sent to your email account.
Who can attend?
All plan members are welcome. There is no charge to attend and we encourage you to invite your spouse or a guest. All members are welcome to attend the seminar most convenient to them. You are not required to work at the institution where the seminar is being offered.
What does the seminar cover?
We explain the basics of the pension plan and cover the retirement process from application to receiving your payments. We discuss topics such as how purchasing service increases your pension and how to get credit for child-rearing time. The seminar is about 2½ hours in length.
Why should I attend?
Past attendees have found the seminar helpful in their retirement and estate planning by familiarizing themselves with the benefits of the pension plan and the retirement process. Please check out BC Pensions Seminar to view the schedule and register for your seminar.
We look forward to seeing you!