The SSWC (Selkirk Staff Wellness Committee) has been working hard to be responsive to the Selkirk Staff Wellness Survey and we have a few things to report. First of all, thank you again for your overwhelming support to the survey. Almost half the total staff responded so that is pretty good!
Top Five Results
- Personal wellness is important
- Employees overall health is excellent or good
- Getting information from qualified health professionals is important
- There is a need for, in order of priority:
- Massage services
- Stress management techniques
- Money management and financial counseling
- Time is an issue in participating.
In our desire to be responsive to your top need, we are currently in the process of researching a cost effective way of bringing massage services to the colleges.
To this end we are researching top end massage chairs, not only for the staff but also for the student population. We invite you to try out the massage chair at Mountain Waters Spa in Nelson is you would like to experience what we are looking at.
If you have comments or questions contact Leslie Cormie.