Opportunity for Staff and Students to Get Free Shot
This year, Selkirk College is partnering with Shoppers Simply Pharmacy to offer students and employees the opportunity to receive a flu vaccination. Free publicly funded vaccinations available; please bring your BC CareCard with you upon attendance.
The Silver King Campus clinic runs on November 8 between 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. in Room 16 (lower level by North Entrance).
In BC, the influenza vaccine is provided free to people at high risk of serious illness:
- young children;
- pregnant women;
- people with certain medical conditions; and
- People in frequent contact with those designated high-risk
To find out if you qualify for the free publicly funded inactivated influenza vaccine covered by MSP, please see the Health Link BC website.
If you are not eligible for a publicly funded flu shot, you can still pay (cash only) for a flu vaccination at our clinic.
Here is why health officials state it is important to get the flu shot:
- Vaccination is your best defense against the flu.
- The flu shot is not just for people with health problems. Healthy people can also get very sick from the flu.
- You can spread the flu without even having the symptoms.
- By getting vaccinated, you are also protecting others who may be at risk of flu complications – such as young children and seniors.
- Influenza is not “just a cold” – it can lead to hospitalization and can even be fatal.
- The flu shot protects against multiple flu viruses.