Project Aurora at Selkirk College
Project Aurora (an acronym for A Unified Renewal of Related Application) is underway at Selkirk College. Attend a town hall session to ensure you know all about this infrastructure transformation.
Aurora is a project aiming to ensure our systems and operational functions of finance, payroll, human resources and student enrolment and registration are current and able to carry Selkirk College into the next era of providing a valuable student experience. While it’s primarily an IT project, it affects all areas of the college and will result in most of our processes undergoing change and is a key factor in the long term success of the college.
In Nelson, attend a town hall session on the Silver King Campus on August 30 from 9:10 to 10:00 a.m. in Room 16. Please wait outside the room until welcomed in as our group will be joining a meeting in progress.
Aurora Guiding Principles
- Promote a culture of collaboration
- Acknowledge Aurora is an Institutional Project facilitated by IT
- Configuration trumps customization
- Not a workforce rationalization strategy
- No individual will be left behind
- Manage the project professionally
- Lead with people side of change with compassion and patience